“ Water ” As Forgotten Nutrient
It is the single most catalyst in loosing weight and keeping it off. It is a true magic portion for permanent weight loss. Ant diet whether Atkins, Carbs with no fat, protein with few Carbs, one thing your plan most certainly recommends is WATER.
- Requirement: One must know that requirement of water varies from person to person depending upon physical activity, ambient temperature, health status like fever, diarrhoea, pregnancy, lactation, age and gender.
- Metabolic Rate: After drinking approx. 17 ounces of water, individuals metabolic rate (the rate at which calories are burned) increases by 30% for both men and women.
- Go to fill Kidneys: If water consumption is less, kidneys cannot function properly as a result some of the load is dumped on the liver whose primary function is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for body. Without enough water liver has to do kidney work as a result it metabolises less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.
- Fluid Retention: Firstly, when water is less our body stores that water in extra cellular spaces (outside the cells) which shows up as swollen feet, hands and legs. Secondly, our bodies don’t normally gain or lose significant amounts of fat or muscle overnight. More than ½ pond of gained is probably water weight and you can reduce it by cutting down on salt and increasing plain water consumption. If the new measurement is greater than before then friends you have gained fat. There are many reasons for gaining water weight like too much of salt intake, sugar, dehydration, too much of alcohol, women monthly cycle. But major-ly table salt is the most common cause of water retention. Excess sodium makes the body hold extra fluids in the cells.
- Muscles: Drinking more water will help in maintaining proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration.
- Skin: Helps to prevent sagging skin that usually follows weight loss. Shrinking cells are buoyed by water which plump the skin and leaves it clear, healthy and resilient.
- Time: There are certain times the day that are ideal for hydrating. Firstly upon waking up drink 2 glass of water to activate the internal organs and also help you to flush out circulating toxins (you can squeeze lemon into it, optional). Drinking water 30 minutes before your meal increases your digestion, gives you satiety feeling and speeds up your metabolism. Thirdly, drinking before, after and during any physical activity will protect against dehydration.